you have 6 parts to this exam in parts 1 5 choose one of 3 essay questions parts 1 5 are worth 18 points each in part 6 you will compose an essay devoted to the falkland islands war and that part is worth 10 points therefore this exam is worth
Directions: this exam consists of a series of essay questions pertaining to John Chasteen’s Born in Blood and Fire text and Profesor CaÃ±edo’s video lectures on the Falkland Islands War. You have 6 parts to this exam. In parts 1-5, choose one of 3 essay questions. Parts 1-5 are worth 18 points each. In part 6, you will compose an essay devoted to the Falkland Islands War, and that part is worth 10 points. Therefore this exam is worth 100 points total. You will be asked to complete your answers in Canvas, and you do not need to submit any type of attachment. Please submit your answers into module 3 by Saturday, January 25 at 11:59 PM.
Part 1 (chapters 1-2): choose one of the following 3 questions and write a detailed response to it in Canvas. Your answer is worth a possible 18 points.
(1) Two political ideologies took center stage in the history of Latin America. First, classic liberalism emerged in the nineteenth century. Nationalism, a later invention, emerged in response to the first. In which ways have liberalism and nationalism alternated in ascendancy during the past 150 years in Latin America?
Part 2 (chapters 3-4): choose one of the following 3 questions and write a detailed response to it in Canvas. Your answer is worth a possible 18 points.
(2) Discuss the causes of the independence movements in order to pinpoint the reason for the collapse of Spanish and Portuguese rule in most of Latin America.
Part 3 (chapters 5-6): choose one of the following 3 questions and write a detailed response to it in Canvas. Your answer is worth a possible 18 points
(1) Who was the caudillo, and what ideas did he represent? Provide an example of a well-known caudillo in Latin America.
Part 4 (chapters 7-8): choose one of the following 4 questions and write a detailed response to it in Canvas. Your answer is worth a possible 18 points
(1) How did the relationship between the United States and Latin America change during the nineteenth century (the 1800s, not the 1900s)?
Part 5 (chapters 9-11): choose one of the following 3 questions and write a detailed response to it in Canvas. Your answer is worth a possible 18 points.
(1) What is populism? Provide at least two examples that demonstrate how populism functioned in Latin America.
Part 6 (Falkland Islands War): compose a reflection essay in Canvas and consider any of the following questions in your response: How is it possible that two nations that are political allies of the United States, Argentina and Great Britain, could have gone to war over such a desolate location in the South Atlantic Ocean? Do you agree with the British government’s position that they went to war to protect British subjects? Or do you agree with Argentina’s historical claims over the islands they call Las Malvinas? How effective was United States foreign policy over this episode? Do you think President Reagan and Secretary of State Haig could have handled things much differently? What lessons can other nations, including the United States, learn from this episode in world history and politics? Your answer is worth a possible 10 points.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now