Supernetting and IP Addressing
A corporation is in need of setting up a new network which requires four subnets of 250 IP addresses which are required to aggregate into a single supernet.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Based on your understanding of networking concepts, create a report in a Microsoft Word document answering the following.
- What class of IP address should you assign to the subnets and to the supernet into this new network and why?
- Discuss in detail with references cited as to the range of 0 to 255 with regard to port numbers.
- Discuss any standards that are in place today for port ranges 256 to 1024. Explain and describe established standards for use of port numbers.Assume a bank in Seattle, WA has been well established for some time. The company has five branch offices and its own company web site and mail server. The bank wants to expand by adding more branches and to deploy several systems with public IP addresses. Their Internet provider handles the DNS needs of the bank but they now want to bring this function in-house to manage it themselves.
- Enlist the correct number of DNS servers that would be needed?
- Discuss the proper routing required to get the requests to the DNS servers.
List all the steps of the message exchange between the DHCP and the computers on a different network.
A customer support center employs 10,000 people with their own associated IP addresses, and operates over 250 servers, including e-mail servers, FTP servers, Web servers, and DHCP at the three locations:
- New York City, New York
- Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Wilmington, Delaware
Dual T1 lines, for a total aggregate bandwidth of six Mbps, link the three sites, and each site contains roughly third of the employees as well as the servers. Per force, each site operates on multiple, separate subnets inside a single Class B address that the company owns.
Based on your understanding of the above scenario, create a 2- to 3-page report in a Microsoft Word document that answers the following:
- Make a case for setting up a single, separate DNS server at each location and explain how each is a backup disaster recovery (DR) for the other.
- What benefits does the above DR strategy provide the employees at the other locations?
- Explain how the relative speed of the 100 Base T local area networks (LANs) used at each location compares to accessing the wide area network (WAN) link between the two sites.
Submit design of network on Visio embedded into a Microsoft Word document. Support your responses with examples.
Please add an Abstract page. It should be half of a page.
- Cite any sources in APA format.