Seeing but not Perceiving
- Kingdom, Grace, Judgment (Capon, 2002)
- Book 1, Chapter 4:The Ministry before the Parables
- Book 1, Chapter 5: The Sower: The Watershed of the Parables
- Book 1, Chapter 6: The Sower, Continued
- Mark 4
- Matthew 13
- Sowing Promises: Truth in Parable Form (Juel, 1994) [PDF]
In the Parable of the Sower as found in Mark 4 (and also in Matthew 13 in a different form; concentrate on the Markan version), we find Jesus not only giving an enigmatic teaching regarding the sower/seeds/soil, but also embedding within the parable an equally enigmatic set of statements regarding the purpose of the parables. Respond to the following:
- How do you understand Jesusâ€™ teaching relative to parables here?
- According to Jesus, what is the purpose of parables?
- How is that a valid or beneficial purpose within the context of the Gospel of Mark?
- How could this purpose serve to preach who Christ is more effectively in general?
Support your statements with evidence from the Required Studies and your research.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now