The iterative process in the doctoral journey is invaluable to the novice scholar. The iterative process involves the ongoing interactive participation of learner and instructor (later chair and committee) in reading, writing, specific instructor feedback, reflection, and revision. In this assignment, you will reflect on the written work you submitted in Topic 2 and the feedback provided by the instructor to create a revised version of the â€œApplying the Standardsâ€ assignment and make appropriate revisions based on that feedback. This assignment will offer the opportunity to experience the scholarly interaction and collaborative climate that you will experience with your doctoral chair-to-be.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Refer to Chapters 2-4 of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.) for specific guidelines related to doctoral level writing. These chapters contain essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Write a paper of 1,000-1,250 words in which you compare the Professional Standards for Educational Leaders and CEC standards, how they apply to the role of a special education director, and how one’s leadership style can enhance one’s ability to lead gifted and ESL populations in a school district. Include the following in your paper:
- Write a reflection (250-300 words) that provides a list of the changes you made to the paper and discusses your revision process including how you incorporated the feedback of the instructor into the revised version. Similar to an abstract, this section will receive its own page following the title page and preceding the introduction to the paper.
- List your changes in bullet fashion on this single page following your title page.
- Add a reflection of how your leadership style and application of the standards can impact recruitment and retention of qualified special education teachers and staff.
- Incorporate 2-4 additional current empirical citations in your revision.
- The revised paper will incorporate instructor feedback and accomplish the following: clarify the thesis statement; solidify supporting arguments; edit for grammar, spelling, and punctuation; adjust word choice to display professional and scholarly language; and adjust sentence structure for improved readability.