The purpose of this assignment is to synthesize and apply the knowledge you gained in class into a well-written research paper. For this assignment, you will conduct research and write a paper containing three parts:
- Part I: Analyze diet
- Part II: Evaluate how the patientâ€™s diet affects:
- The personâ€™s health (anatomy)
- The progression of the illness (pathophysiology)
- Common medications associated with the disease
- Part III: Create patient SMART goals and an evidence-based plan of care (patient education)
Begin by viewing the patient profiles and assignment details Choose one patient profile and use it to complete Parts Iâ€“III of the assignment.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
In addition to the assignment specifics, your paper should:
- Be 4â€“5 pages, not including the title and reference pages.
- Source(s) should be integrated into the paragraphs. Use in-text citations pointing to evidence in the literature and supporting your ideas.
- Incorporate a minimum of two peer-reviewed sources into your paper.
- Use current APA format to style your paper and to cite your sources. Follow the list structure of the sample paper for the section on calculations. You can download a sample paper in the Worksheets, Forms, and Templates area at left.
- Include a title page and a reference page listing the sources you used. Be sure to plan enough time for proofreading and editing.
Signature Assignment Details Part I The Diet Include the following in Part I:
â€¢ Criterion 1: Determine if the personâ€™s diet is deficient or in excess of CHO, PRO, and fat and explain why.
â€¢ Criterion 2: Explain in detail how the personâ€™s diet meets or does not meet the RDA for five or more micronutrients. Part II
Disease and Nutrition Include the following in Part II:
â€¢ Criterion 1: Explain how the personâ€™s diet would affect the patientâ€™s disease symptoms and progression. Provide a minimum of three examples of how specific foods affect the disease pathophysiology. Provide examples of foods the person should avoid, and those he/she should consume.
â€¢ Criterion 2: Explain how food interacts with the medications this patient takes. What are the nutrient-related side effects of the medication? What are the nutrient restrictions and recommendations for the medications? o Example: Iron supplements cause constipation, so people are advised to increase fiber foods; however, if a person is taking fiber with iron, the fiber will reduce the absorption of the iron thus decreasing the effectiveness of the iron.
Part III Patient Education Include the following in part III:
â€¢ Criterion 1: Calculate the following for the patient: BMI, BMR, CHO, PRO, and fat needs and any other relevant calculations that will help you develop a nutritional plan for your patient.
â€¢ Criterion 2: Develop an evidence-based nutritional education plan with three SMART goals for your patient. Provide specific nursing strategies and examples for the patient, and consider all aspects of the patientâ€™s lifestyle.