The purpose of this assignment is to apply the concepts of cultural relativism, ethnocentrism and globalization that we have learned in this module. As part of this assignment you will find a movie or TV/internet show that can help you exemplify these concepts.
- Read and understand the concepts of cultural relativism, ethnocentrism, and globalization from the readings attached in the files.
- Pick a movie/show that portrays an issue or various issues that exemplify these concepts. You may want to focus on each concept individually and find scenes from different shows for each of the concepts, OR you can utilize an entire movie/show to discuss all three concepts. If you are choosing a T.V. show, you may need to focus on multiple episodes in order to have enough content to work with.
- Identify and apply the concepts of cultural relativism, ethnocentrism, and globalization.
- Analyze cultural growth and the development of cultures.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of and appreciation for cultures and societies of the world.
The following are specific guidelines in regard to the paper:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Specifics of your Paper
- 500 words minimum
- Typed in Times New Roman or Arial, 12 pt font, double spaced.
- References cited page should include citation of movie/show.
- This is an academic paper that should be written in a narrative styleâ€”no bullet points.
- If you’re going to use in-text citations from the textbook to discuss a specific concept, then you need to make sure that you’re citing it.
- Need in-text citations whenever quoting movie/show.
- Need to address all three concepts: cultural relativism, ethnocentrism and globalization.
- Make sure to have an introduction with a clear thesis statement (Links to an external site.)
- Have a paragraph (in introduction or after) that summarizes and gives some context of movie/show
- Proof-read paper for grammatical/syntax errors.
- MLA or APA format but stick to the same format throughout the paper.