hit420 the internet and healthcare
In this written assignment, you will address health-related information on the Internet.
Step 1 Share an example of a time in your practice when you have had concerns about information that a patient (or family member, friend, or you) has obtained from the Internet.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
If you have not had such an experience, go to a consumer health information website, such as WebMD, and look up a health condition that you typically see in your practice or have seen in your clinical experiences. Consider how a patient might use this information as you answer the questions in Step 2.
Step 2 In a one-page paper, describe safety concerns related to people who seek health-related information on the Internet and explain how to evaluate the quality of health-related information on the Internet. Use the following questions as guidelines for your paper:
- What was the perceived health problem, and how did you or the patient research this problem?
- What health-related information was obtained?
- Was the information accurate?
- How did (or might) the patient interpret the information?
- What did (or might) the patient do with the information obtained?
- What actual or potential harm could have happened as a result of the information?
- How can you evaluate the quality of health-related information on the Internet?
Cite any sources in APA format.