Scenario: A 70-year-old patient diagnosed with a hemorrhagic stroke was admitted 1 day ago. His medical history includes hypertension, osteoarthritis, and type 2 diabetes mellitus. He has right-sided paralysis, garbled speech, and a weak cough reflex. This morning he is very restless. Vital signs: Blood pressure 140/80, pulse 110, respirations 24. Oxygen saturation is 90%.
NGN Item Type: Take Action
Use an X to indicate which actions listed in the left column would be implemented to prevent complications in this patient.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
– Administer subcutaneous heparin.
– Implement seizure precautions.
-Apply oxygen via cannula at 2 L/min.
– Consult with the dietician to provide the patient with a diabetic diet.
– Position the patient on his right side for no longer than 2 hours.
-Perform passive ROM exercises.
– Elevate head of bed 45 degrees.
Rationale: Provide a rationale for each of your selection