Option #2: Earth Science in a National Park
Choose a national park of particular interest to you; here is a list of all 58 of them: https://www.nationalpark-adventures.com/united-states-national-parks.html (Links to an external site.). What does Earth Science reveal about that national park through time? This research paper will provide you with an opportunity to learn more about a chosen park. In your report, be sure to cover the following topics:
- The geography of your national park â€“ where it is located on Earth, what the topography is like (major mountains, lakes, etc.), and what surface processes are currently shaping it (rivers, ocean waves, etc.)
- The plate tectonic setting of your national park â€“ where it is located relative to plate boundaries, what tectonic processes are active in your region (earthquakes, volcanoes, etc.)
- The geologic story of your national park â€“ what rocks and minerals are found there, and what stories they tell about how your park has changed over geologic time. (For instance, was it once the site of an ocean or sea? If so, what evidence is there for that, and when did it happen?)
- The weather and climate of your national park â€“ what the climate is like in your park, what extreme weather your park experiences, what effects of global climate change your park is already experiencing, what the projected impacts of climate change on your park may beâ€”and what is currently being done, if anything, to address these challenges.
Your final paper should meet the following requirements:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- 6-8 pages in length (does not include title page, reference page, visual elements)
- 8-10 credible outside sources
- 4-6 visual elements that contribute to your paper (your own photographs particularly encouraged)
- Formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements