Please review the Discussion Board Participation grading rubric. This is important information that will ensure that you earn maximum points. Your professionally written APA compliant postings, using appropriate sources should provide substantive depth that advances the Discussion. Please edit your posts for grammatical errors before you post. Be sure to review the requirements for each weekâ€™s Discussion topic(s). Remember that a post to the instructor is not considered a post to peers, so please be sure that you respond to at least 2 peers for full credit.
Finding and Retaining Talent
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
In Quarter 2 of the simulation, one of your goals is to seek employee insights to improve firm performance. In Quarter 3 of the simulation you will be looking at the results of the first Employee Survey. As you grow your company in the marketplace simulation, you will be devoting time, energy and resources to recruiting and retaining top talent.
For this Discussion, think about the recruitment and retention strategy that you will need to develop for your simulation company. You are faced with some daunting challenges as a leader in a growing international organization, which may include but not be limited to;
- Leading multiple generations in the workplace with differing wants and needs,
- Growing global organization with cultures that have differing expectations, and
- Budgetary constraints that you need to be aware of when looking to recruit and retain
- What are the challenges leaders will face in finding and retaining great employees? Are there differences culturally, generationally or demographically? Include research from at least 3 academically credible sources.
- Reality Check – Does the research reflect you as an employee? Conduct research on what an employer needs to do from a retention perspective to keep you as an employee.
- Which of the generation categories, as listed in Pitaâ€™s article from this weekâ€™s reading and any other sources you uncover in your research are you most closely aligned with?
- What were the results of the values exercise you completed for the Unit 1 discussion question?
- Based on the answers to the 2 questions above, what are the essential elements you would require from an employer to retain you? Why?
- How diverse is your workplace? Think about each employee completing an exercise like this and the impact it has on retention? How does this self-analysis give you an insight into the difficulties you identified in your research?
Response to Peers
- Ask your peers what insights they have gained from the self-analysis.
- Talk with your peers about your self-analysis which may have had similar elements in construction but different results, why are they different?
Using your readings, the information from prior courses including, GB520: Strategic Human Resources Management, any other Human Resource courses you may have taken, and personal experience will be helpful to you in this Discussion response.
- Pita, K. (2012). Five generations in the workplace. Fairfield County Business Journal, 48(8), 27