For this Final Visual Analysis Project, you will choose one website that you visit frequently (it must be a professional business website, not your own personal website). Feel free to use websites such as Nike, Apple, Northwestern Mutual, etc. or a website that applies to your career choices.
Once you choose your website, you will begin to consider the effects the visual elements have on the viewers and create a thesis statement and outline using the response elements 1-5 below.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
For the Thesis & Outline TEMPLATE document click here.
For this assignment please note the following expectations:
- APA title page, reference page, and formatting.
- Use at least four academic/scholarly sources.
- Use properly cited quotes and paraphrases when necessary.
- Complete, polished, and error-free cohesive sentences.
- Contains an introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Sensory Response â€“ When analyzing the viewerâ€™s sensory response to a particular visual, it is important to consider the visual elements that attract the eyes. Close your eyes when considering a visual. When you open your eyes, what are the first visual elements that you see? When analyzing a viewerâ€™s Sensory Response, you may consider analyzing at least two of the following effects:
- Perceptual Response â€“ When analyzing a viewerâ€™s perception of visuals, it is important to consider the audience. Consider who is or is not attracted to this type of visual communication. When analyzing a viewerâ€™s Perceptual Response, consider at least two of the following effects:
- Target audience specifics (age, profession, gender, financial status, etc.)
- Cultural familiarity elements (ethnicity, religious preference, social groups, etc)
- Cognitive visuals (viewerâ€™s memories, experiences, values, beliefs, etc.)
- Technical Response â€“ When analyzing a viewerâ€™s response to certain visuals, we need to consider the technical visual aspects that may affect perception. Describe how visuals affect the interpretation of the intended media communication message. Address specific technological elements that impact perception. When analyzing the Technical Response, consider the Laws of Perceptual Organization (similarity, proximity, continuity, common fate, etc), and at least two of the following types of visuals:
- Drop-down menus
- Hover-over highlighting
- Quality of visuals
- Emotional Response â€“ When analyzing a viewerâ€™s Emotional Response, it is important to consider the targeted audience preferences and emotional intelligence. Discuss what the viewer might want to see and what type of visual presentation will set the tone for that response. When analyzing the Emotional Response, consider the effects of at least two of the following types of visuals:
- Mood setting colors
- Mood setting lighting
- Persuasive images
- Positioning of search or purchase buttons
- Social media icons and share options
- Ethical Response – When analyzing a viewerâ€™s Ethical Response, it is important to consider the targeted audience values and beliefs. Identify any negative messages about certain ideas, groups, or cultures. Describe and pinpoint images that may be inappropriate for a variety of viewers. Keep in mind that your website can be accessed by all ages and groups. When analyzing the Ethical Response, consider at least two of the following types of visuals:
- Visual stereotypes
- Limitations in diversity
- Inappropriate images for all audiences
- Digital alterations
- False representation or advertising