Researchers have developed a number of theories to explain motivation, and each theory contributes to a better understanding of motivation. In this module, you have read about drive reduction and arousal theory, behavioral and social-cognitive theories, and Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs. In this activity, you will write a 3-5 page essay that discusses different theories of motivation.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Describe how psychologists define and classify motivation, and evaluate various theories that explain motivation.
- Discuss eating behavior, eating disorders, and factors that contribute to individual differences in body weight.
- Explore how sexual attitudes and behavior vary across cultures and genders.
- Review recent research related to sexual orientation and how attitudes toward homosexuality have changed in recent years.
- Describe the four phases of the human sexual response cycle.
Step 1: Review and research.
Review the assigned reading for this module and do some Internet and/or library research about different theories of motivation. It is recommended that you conduct research through our Online Library (Links to an external site.) or use a scholarly internet search. Wikipedia is not allowed.
Step 2: Write a paper.
Write a 3-5 page paper that discusses motivation and the leading theories that explain it. Consider the following:
- What is motivation? Discuss its definition and different components.
- What are motives? Explain the different types of motives.
- Discuss biological approaches (theories) to motivation.
- Discuss behavioral and social-cognitive theories of motivation.
- Explain Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs.
- Which level of Maslow’s hierarchy provides the strongest motivation for your behavior in general? Support your answer.
- The use of outside resources is strongly recommended, and all papers must include citations and be written in current APA format.
- It is recommended that you conduct research through our Online Library (Links to an external site.) or use a scholarly internet search. Wikipedia is not allowed.