The primary learning objective associated with this paper is for you to explore cultural competency as it applies to being a school counselor. Supporting objectives consist of: a) ways in which practitioners might identify their own biases, b) modifying approaches based on clients with individualistic versus collectivistic culture, and c) exploring the characteristics of each aspect of culture as it relates to practice (race, gender, socioeconomic status, physical ability, sexual orientation, and religion).
Compose a paper on cultural and professional competency as it relates to being a school counselor The paper is to be in APA format. This paper can include writing from the first person as it calls for personal assessment and reflection.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Ensure that the following sections are addressed in your paper:
· Acknowledge the importance of being culturally conscientious in psychological practice
· Identify possible personal biases and how these personal biases could affect practice
· Define individualistic and collectivistic cultures
· Contrast and compare individualistic and collectivistic cultures
· Explain how practical approaches might vary based on individualistic versus collectivistic client culture
· Explain the importance of culture when being a school counselor as it relates to:
· Socioeconomic status
· Physical ability
· Sexual orientation
· Conclusion summarizing the importance of cultural competency
Make sure that you include at least 3-to 5 scholarly sources in your essay (peer-reviewed journals found in the APUS library). The supplemental and required reading covered in this class will also serve as acceptable sources. I would strongly suggest you use the aforementioned bullet-points as respective (sub)headings in your paper to clearly articulate that you had addressed each aspect of this assignment.