1. I have choosen the topic: anesthesia awareness as my organization
2. Choose and research a healthcare organization, noting its organization and structure. Define the healthcare organization’s structure and identify the different business units and their functions. You may use a variety of methods to provide this information, such as an organizational chart.
3. Choose one or more mission critical systems of the healthcare organization. Define the information needs, as they relate to the organization’s mission critical Protected Health Information (PHI). This information is stored in database medical records for doctors, nurses, and insurance claims billing systems, which are used to fulfill the organizational information needs.
4. Define the workflows and processes for the high-level information systems. Your definition should include a high-level description of information systems hardware and software components and their interactions. Take time to read the following resources. They will help you construct your definition.
o Information systems hardware
o Information systems software
You may supply this information as a diagram with inputs, outputs, and technologies identified. Consider how you might restrict access and protect billing and PHI information.
5. The links shown below provide access to essential information you’ll need to complete this part of the hospital’s information system infrastructure definition. Click each link, review its resources, and refer to them as you compose this part of the definition.
o Open Systems Interconnections (OSI) Model
o TCP/IP protocols
o network protocols